Business Name: STUDIO 2
Type of Work: Handcrafted Jewelry, Silk Scarves & Felting
ABOUT THE ARTIST. . . . .
Artist, teacher, mentor, adventurer, impresario, philanthropist are all words that people in the art world have used to describe Julie Knabb. Beginning her art education at Western Carolina University, Julie has studied and created in a vast variety of art media. From pottery to painting, from weaving to her first love: jewelry design; she has crafted her art skills to become a nationally recognized multi-media artist.
After completing over 30 successful years with R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, Julie’s so-called “retirement” has left her busier than ever. Besides being a past proprietor of Textures Gallery, then opening Studio 2 at SOHO Alley, located in the heart of the Downtown Winston-Salem Arts District, she has found time to be on the Board of Directors of one of the leading visual art schools in the southeast. She currently serves as Art Director for Art For Art’s Sake and also served as vice-chairman for 9 years. Julie is also a member of several prestigious art associations and guilds.
During the day you can probably find Julie at her studio working on a new piece of work or instructing jewelry making and mixed media techniques to aspiring artists. Her bi-annual trips to Africa and abroad have inspired much of her newer designs. This international influence has made Julie a unique artist in the community. She successfully incorporates tribal design elements with contemporary flare to create a unique look that is appreciated across all demographic groups.
Current & Past Exhibits:
• Red Dog Gallery – Winston-Salem, NC
• Studio 7 – Winston-Salem, NC
• Fiber Company – Winston-Salem, NC
• Karma Salon and Gallery – Winston-Salem, NC
• Studio 2 at SOHO Alley – Winston-Salem, NC
• Associated Artists – Winston-Salem, NC
• Foothills Arts Council – Elkin, NC
• Art and Artifacts – Blowing Rock, NC
• Textures Gallery – Winston-Salem, NC
• Yadkin Valley Craft Guild – Founding Member, Artist Member
• Art For Art’s Sake – Founding Member, Board of Directors, Art Director, Past Vice Chairman
• Sawtooth School of Visual Art – Past Board of Directors
• Diggs Gallery – Past Leadership/Advisory Council
• Associated Artist – Past Artist Member
• Winston-Salem Bead Society – Founding Member, Past President (3 Terms)
• DADA – General Member
• Studio 2 at SOHO Alley – Proprietor, Educational Instructor
• Textures Gallery – Past Owner/Operator/Educational Instructor
• American Craft Council – Past Member
• Piedmont Craftsmen – Past Member
|Sells Work at Red Dog Gallery|